Black History Month is ending, but the conversation doesn’t have to! Explore this guide to discover ways to stay engaged this year.
Support Black-Owned Businesses
Supporting Black-owned businesses directly benefits Black communities, strengthens local economies, closes the racial wealth gap, and brings forth much-needed representation.
Check out these shops and restaurants recommended by Rocketeers!
- Cookie Society – DFW
- Val’s Cheesecakes – DFW
- Soirée – DFW
- The Iman Project – Texas
- Black Lit - DFW
- Maya’s Cookies – Online
- Foolies – Online
- Black Woman on a Mission – Online
- Semicolon Bookstore – Online / Chicago
- Nourish and Bloom Market – Atlanta
Directory and Guides by Location
Culturally Relevant Mental Health and Wellness
Mental and physical health are equal components in terms of wellness. Begin your journey of finding support and community by exploring some of the directories below.
- Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective
- Therapy for Black Girls – Referral Tool
- Therapy for Black Men – Referral Tool and Directory
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network – Directory
- Black Female Therapists –Referral Tool and Directory
Reflect, Learn and Grow Through Media
- Unreformed: The story of the Alabama Industrial School of Negro Children
- NPR’s Code Switch
- Still Processing
- Fare of the Free Child
- Black History Year
- Missing Figures
- Black Tech Unplugged
- While Black
- Jemele Hill is Unbothered
- The 1619 Project
- Between the World and Me
- Soundtrack for a Revolution
- Who We Are: A Chronicle of Racism in America
- John Lewis: Good Trouble
- I Am Not Your Negro
- Slavery by Another Name
- My Name is Pauli Murray
- 4 Little Girls
Put your knowledge into action.
- Anti-Racism Toolkit – Stanford University
- How to have more productive conversations about race in the workplace
- ‘Not Racist’ Is Not Enough: Putting in the Work To Be Anti-Racist
- Confronting Racism at Work: A Reading List
- How to Best Support your Black Colleagues Now and Always
- How to Promote Racial Equity in the Workplace
- How to challenge discrimination at work
- When and How to Respond to Microaggressions
- Taking Steps to Eliminate Racism in the Workplace
- How to Be a Better Ally to Your Black Colleagues
Options to donate through Brightfunds.
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Black and Missing Foundation
- Audre Lorde Project Inc.
- Southerners On New Ground